Welcome back! We look forward to seeing your smile. We want to take this opportunity to review with you our “COVID-19 Safety Plan”, which we are implementing with our re-opening on May 18th to ensure everyone’s safety.
Please note that all visits are now subject to a $10 dollar fee (one time, per family) for implementing the CDC-recommended personal protective equipment ("PPE Fee") and the special precautions being taken to maintain the safety of our patients and staff as outlined below in our "COVID-19 Safety Plan". This may be covered by insurance and is in addition to any fees normally associated with your visit.
Even before the COVID-19 outbreak, our office followed strict infection control guidelines that would have prevented the transmission of the novel coronavirus (or any other virus) to our patients or staff. In an abundance of caution, we have put together a multi-faceted safety plan that includes increased frequency and thoroughness of our sanitizing procedures and adherence to all safety procedures recommended by the Center for Disease Control, American Dental Association, and OSHA.
First and foremost, our safety plan began with an updated staff training and review of existing universal precaution protocols, disease transmission, hand-washing techniques, appropriate use of new PPE, and enhanced disinfection protocols.
We have also monitored the health of our staff and their loved ones continuously since the outbreak. We are blessed to report that all of our staff members are symptom-free and none have tested positive for COVID-19, and to the best of their knowledge, have not been exposed to any COVID-19 positive individuals.
Our safety plan also includes important changes to your experiences while visiting our office, as we are making efforts to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time:
- Please complete the REQUIRED “Pre-Appointment Questionnaire” before your visit using the following link: Complete Questionnaire
- When you arrive, please stay in your car and let us know you have arrived via text or call to 360-794-5788
- Please leave any companion at home or in the car during the duration of the appointment
- Please wear a mask or face covering before entering the office
- We will be taking your temperature prior to entry using a non-contact thermometer
We understand these are significant changes to your usual visit with us, but we believe these steps are necessary at this moment to ensure your safety as well as the safety of other patients. Thank you for your understanding, patience, and cooperation with these steps.
The following list includes the multiple additional steps we have implemented as part of our “COVID-19 Safety Plan” to ensure the safety of our patients:
- REQUIRED “Pre-Appointment Questionnaire” for all patients
- Patient temperature screening before entry
- Ongoing employee health screening, ensuring our staff are healthy when treating you
- Use of hydrogen peroxide/chlorhexidine oral rinses prior to evaluation
- Extended appointment times to ensure adequate social distancing of all patients
- Use of medical grade HEPA-13 air filtration, continuously in treatment rooms and common areas
- Use of N95 respirators or ASTM level III masks combined with poly-carbonate face shields
- Use of PPE gowns, hair covers, and shoe covers in addition to above by all staff
- Disinfection of all critical care touch points regularly throughout the day in the circle of care
- Providing single-use gloves to patients at entry and exit points to the office (if needed)
- Providing patients with masks upon entry to the office (if needed)
- Posting of signs showing appropriate cough etiquette
- Taping of the office to show appropriate social distancing requirements
- Use of specially designed High Volume Evacuation Equipment to reduce aerosol spread in the treatment room setting
- Daily fogging of office with potent, non-toxic, natural disinfectant effective against all viruses (hypocholorous acid - HOCL)
Our commitment to your safety has always been an important part of our practice, which we take much pride in. If you are wondering whether it is safe to return to the dental office, we want to reassure you that our dental office cleanliness and sanitation have always exceeded the required standards to prevent the spread of any illness. The additional measures we are putting in place with the “COVID-19 Safety Plan” will further improve patient and staff safety.
We have also prepared COVID-19 FAQs.
We look forward to welcoming you and your loved ones back to our office :)