If you need a tooth extraction in Monroe, WA, don’t worry. We are a gentle dental team and will always make sure the area is fully anesthetized before starting treatment. Our compassionate team also offers a relaxing environment to help put you at ease.
Reasons You May Need an Extraction
One of the most common reasons for tooth extraction is severe decay or trauma. If a tooth is too damaged for a tooth crown—for example, broken below the gumline—your dentist recommends pulling the tooth. However, in this case, we can offer tooth replacement like a dental implant or a dental bridge to restore your smile.
Your Monroe, WA dentist may also consider extraction if you have impacted or bothersome wisdom teeth at the back of the mouth. These teeth come in years after your final adult teeth and can often cause problems. The good news is that you don’t need them to smile or chew comfortably.
You can also need extraction due to overcrowding on the gum or significant tooth loss—before orthodontics or complete dentures, respectively.
Tips for Tooth Extraction Aftercare
Follow all your dentist’s instructions following extraction.
- Do not drink through a straw for 24 hours
- Do not smoke or use tobacco for 24 hours
- Chew on the opposite side for the first day
- Eat soft foods for the first few days—mashed potatoes, apple sauce, etc.
- Do not attempt to chew while your mouth is still numb
- Do not eat or drink hot foods or liquids while your mouth is still numb
- Contact your dentist if you have questions or concerns
For More Information on Dental Extractions in Monroe, WA, Give Us a Call
Call our dental office today to schedule an appointment with our gentle dentist if you have a broken or damaged tooth, wisdom teeth partially erupting at the back of the mouth or other concerns.